How We Can Help
Telephone and Drop-in Service
We will give you an initial check over and signpost you to resources, or if necessary we will make you an appointment to see an advisor or specialist caseworker.
If you are calling from most Southampton telephone dialling codes, you can also call the following CAB Adviceline number
0844 499 411910am - 4pm Monday to Friday (charges apply)
Please note that not all Southampton dialling codes can access Adviceline.
Advice is available 24 hours a day through the national Citizens Advice website. Advice Guide covers hundreds of different topics related to debt, housing, welfare benefits, employment, consumer rights, immigration and many more.
Face to Face Support
All clients seeking advice in person should go to our outreach at Southampton Central Library on the lower ground floor. This service is available from Monday to Friday from 10:00am- 2:00pm and is operated on a first come, first served basis. Early arrival is reccomended.
Two dedicated PCs are available for clients to find information.
Citizens Advice Southampton provides a number of Specialist Advice services to clients within the Southampton community.
- MS Service: Are you or your family affected by Multiple Sclerosis? We have a funded service specifically for those affected by MS and their immediate families
- Residential Care: We offer a specialist advice service for those in residential care and their immediate families
- Debt service: We offer a specialist debt advice
- Immigration: We offer a specialist immigration advice service
- Homelessness Prevention: We works with the Court Desk and with local referrals to help individuals and families in need work through debt issues and avoid eviction
- Macmillan: We support people with cancer and their immediate families